And Stuff Like That: Reloaded

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A Close One.

My sister last night won her bid for the 1st District City Council seat...but not by much. Out of 2775 votes cast, she won by only 17 (1396 to 1379). I can name 17 people that I KNOW voted for her. Whew, that's close!

I'm so proud of my sister. She really does care about this city and she's going to do a great job. I look forward to seeing her each Monday evening as she sits on the dais helping make important decisions and I sit in the control room operating the TV broadcast.

2 Comments:

  • I'm glad to hear that your sister won. My neice goes to Bryant so I know the good she does with PTA.

    By Blogger -Mandy Evan, at 11:12 AM, August 09, 2006  

  • Coool! Does she, by any chance, have an online journal? Something like "What Politics is REALLY Like". . . not naming names, of course. 'Twould be very interesting.

    -rtb

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:32 PM, August 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home