And Stuff Like That: Reloaded

Thursday, April 13, 2006

What a Pain in the Neck!

I am in pain. At some point overnight Tuesday into Wednesday, all of the muscles in my lower neck and upper back just tensed up and haven't let go since. It's painful to turn my head to the right, bend downward or upward, and moving just feels really sore.

I went to the chiropractor yesterday. He adjusted a bone in my neck and said that the muscles should start to loosen up throughout the day. They haven't. I'm just as tense this morning as I was yesterday morning. He wants me to come back Friday for another adjustment, which I'll probably do.

I've had pain like this twice before in my life. Both came after traumatic events: The first was when I slipped off a platform thing at my friend's house as a kid. I fell about six feet onto my back and had very similar pain, just a little lower on my back. The second came when I jumped off of another friend's swingset, lost my balance, and fell straight back onto my back. Same result. This time? I moved the wrong way while asleep. Oy.

If this doesn't start to improve soon, I may have to find some kind of massage therapist and/or muscle relaxants. Wow. It even hurts to yawn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home