And Stuff Like That: Reloaded

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Open Wide for Me!

Today was a really good day.

Everything just seemed to click in that way that you look back on it and say, "this was a good day!"

I was very productive at work, getting a number of needed things done and setting myself up for another productive day tomorrow. Besides getting some busy work here and there done, I troubleshot some final quirks with our routing switcher. That now means that I can do some really good programming tomorrow and set us up a really functional system.

For lunch I had a really good mini pizza at Minsky's while I finished re-watching my favorite episode of Ed on the iPod. Minsky's "Prime Cut" pizza is like Meat Lover's and pure heaven combined into one mouth-watering pie of pure bliss. The episode of Ed is called "Live Deliberately" and is always a good reminder for me of making the most out of life.

The best part of the day was this evening: Glenda was in a play kind of thing for her church so I watched Benjamin for her. This was another step in my blossoming fatherhood as I'd never before gone through the whole process of putting him to bed by myself -- especially without her around! Everything went great, though. I must say that it was interesting to brush another person's (very little) mouth. Not gross or anything. It's just one of those things where you've never had your muscles go through those exact movements before, so the entire time you're thinking, "well this is new." Also, five year-olds have far less teeth than adults. I guess part of me knew that, but didn't realize how big the difference is.

We had so much fun overall and he seemed so excited that his new dad got to spend so much quality time with him. I know I loved it!

Epilogue: Glenda, upon returning home saw how happy I was and said I was "glowing." The most touching part was when she said that fatherhood "becomes" me.

I can get used to this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home