And Stuff Like That: Reloaded

Monday, April 17, 2006

A Lot To Look Forward To.

Today was a good day. After more than a year of work and hope and stress, the City Council approved our purchase of a new routing switcher and related equipment for my job. We're talking almost $200,000 worth of equipment and related stuff. This will allow our video productions to go "to the next level," and basically set us up for proper expansion and upgrades in the future. It feels good to have had a hand in such a big project, especially knowing that the equipment is going to improve our jobs so much.

I also got in contact with an old friend again today. Glenda used to be a classmate and really good friend of mine in grade school and junior high. Unfortunately, our lives eventually took us in different directions and we fell out of touch. Well today at lunch I saw her parents again. After a nice chat I left my business card with them to give to her and she called me tonight while I was headed home from work. It was good to hear her voice again and it'll be nice to catch up with her as time goes on.

I'm headed to Michigan this weekend! Finally I'll be able to Erica and all my Journey House homeys again. It's been over a year since I went up there last. I always feel so loved and accepted when I head up there. It's like home a long way from home. I fly out at the butt crack of dawn Saturday and return Tuesday evening.

In other news, I got a new iPod this last weekend. Rach, it's EXACTLY like Paul: a 60GB black version with video capability. I'd been eyeing them for a while now. Since I do so much video work and my 40GB photo version consistently flakes out at random times, I figured this was a good time to pull the trigger and buy it. The 40 gig version will stay in the car most of the time as my commuter player while the 60 gigger will stay with me. It'll be especially nice around the airport and in flight this weekend. I can catch up on various TV shows, listen to music, and basically just relax in my geekdom.

I'm getting a little concerned that nobody reads my blog anymore since I moved. Maybe the folks who commented before just don't want to anymore, but it's feeling kind of like a ghost town around here. If you're here, please leave a comment...please.

EDIT: It was pointed out to me that comments HAVE been submitted, however they were waiting for my approval. Oops. I had a setting wrong here. Now anyone should be able to post comments without me having to approve them first. Sheesh.

Smiles.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home