And Stuff Like That: Reloaded

Friday, March 02, 2007

Get Me To the Church on Time.

This is my final blog entry as a single guy. This evening I will marry Glenda Jean Dunlap in a small, simple ceremony while surrounded by family.

Single life was...interesting. I always knew that there was so much more to life by having a companion, but I'd never known what that meant before Glenda.

Though I didn't date around that much, I learned a lot from dating who I did. I wouldn't say that I learned a lot about what I want in a companion -- after all, I didn't know what I needed or wanted until I gave up what I thought I needed and wanted. Instead, I learned more about myself. I learned how to act in various different situations. I learned about my flaws, because a couple of times they were thrown back in my face as an excuse to break up.

Above all else, I learned to be patient and trust God's timing. That was REALLY difficult. If you go back and read my previous blog entries, you'll read a lot of impatient thoughts. You'll see a picture of a guy that thought he knew what's better for him than his creator does.

At this point, I need to give a shout out to my friend Seth. Man, you gave me the best advice that I could have possibly received, and it came at just the right time. A little less than a year ago, you and I sat in Denny's on 291 and talked about my romantic future. You told me that I need to give up this notion of knowing what I want for myself and just let life happen. You encouraged me to give the next lady a chance and to not be so quick to get out if it seems like things aren't "clicking." That invaluable advice saved me from giving up on Glenda. That sound advice helped me to finally let go of the intoxicating infatuation I had for someone else for so long. Thank you, Seth.

This is my final blog entry as a single guy.

Tonight I will become a married man.

I'm ready.

1 Comments:

  • I have my moments... and when I'm on, I'm on. I'm glad that I had the right words when you needed them. May you and Glenda have many happy years together.

    Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum.

    -S

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:18 PM, March 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home