And Stuff Like That: Reloaded

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Seats 20-D and 67 Gates Difference

I'm back home safe after my trip to Michigan. I had a wonderful time and thank everyone there for another relaxing vacation. Erica, you're the best.

On both flights back, I sat in seat 20-D: second from the last row, on the aisle, right between the jet engines. I recommend you NEVER sit there. The jet engines are F*ING LOUD! Thank goodness for my in-ear headphones. They're the kind that plug up your ears, so I was able to get the edge off of the sound. It also helped the first leg back when I was right in front of these two obnoxious kids and their parents. The little boy, who was no more than 18 months, took great pleasure in randomly screaming. With my headphones and the sultry sounds of Dave Matthews Band, I just about completely blocked him out. The second flight wasn't so bad, yet the jet engines were still F*ING LOUD!

For the layover in Detroit, I deplaned at gate 71 of the 78-gate terminal. My next flight was set to depart from -- get this -- gate 4. My gates were at almost the extreme ends of the long-ass terminal. All I have to say is: Thank God for the tram (pictured). A little walk to the station, a short wait, and I was on my way to the other end of the terminal in style and comfort. The walk would have been good exercise, but after Captain Screamer I was in no mood.

But overall the trip was GREAT and I had a blast! I've posted a few pictures to my Web site, so check them out there in the Photos section. Now...back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home