And Stuff Like That: Reloaded

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Food, Folks, and Fun

I've had quite a busy week or so. I got to spend lots of time with friends and family and eat lots of good food! Here's a recap:

Thursday my uncle and his wife came through town on their way back to Montana from Florida. We all had a family get-together and good conversation. Good times.

Friday I left for Springfield, Missouri, to spend the weekend with Daniel and Noelle. They're a couple of friends from college. I actually played a big part in the two of them getting together, so that's fun.

Saturday, we three drove down to Branson, Missouri, for a good part of the day. We had Thai food, drove on a really cool go cart course (that looks like a wooden roller coaster, but it's a track!), played some mini golf, went to a winery, and did some shopping. When we got back from Branson we ate at a place called Crosstown Barbecue in Springfield. Pretty good stuff, but it's no Smokehouse.

On Sunday we went to church and then had lunch at Lambert's, the home of throwed rolls. Yes, they TOSS rolls at you if you want one. I had a big cheeseburger and stuffed myself. Oy. After visiting the mall and Bass Pro to do a bit of shopping, we then watched two movies for the remainder of the day: About a Boy with Hugh Grant and Over the Hedge. Both were pretty good! It's certainly the best movie in which I've seen Hugh Grant. He almost was a good actor.

Then on Memorial Day I said my goodbyes to Daniel and Noelle and drove back to Independence just in time to go to another family get-together. This time it was over at my sister's house. We had the regular burgers and hot dogs typical of a Memorial Day feast. We had some spumante that I'd bought at the aforementioned winery. It was good (and gave us a nice buzz)!

Now it's back to the daily grind. Fortunately it's a short week.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home